Sunday, July 01, 2007

In Louis L'Amour's book The Walking Drum the character says, "It seemed to me that each year one should pause to take stock of himself, to ask: Where am I going? What am I becoming? What do I wish to become? Most people whom I encountered were without purpose, people who had given themselves no goal. The first goal need not be the final one, for a sailing ship sails first by one wind, then another. The point is that it is always going somewhere, proceding toward a final destination."
He also wrote ," Up to a point a man's life is shaped by environment, heredity, and movements and changes in the world about him; then there comes a time when it is within his grasp to shape the clay of his life into the sort of thing he wishes to be. Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it in his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish however must be implemented by deeds."
I mean some of the most true stuff I have ever read. I only pray I keep my job long enough to continue to finish my life goal of being financially independant with my deeds. If not I will continue on this path and see it through till the end no matter what the fuck happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home